Sausage, Red Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes and Potatoes with Pistachio Pesto
Sausages are a filling autumnal staple and, with a mix of fresh veg to top it off, this colourful tray is sure to be hit.
Serves 4 Total Time 50 mins.
- 8 sausages
- 550g red potatoes, cut into chunks with skin on
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into 5cm strips
- 400g cherry tomatoes, half kept whole and the others cut in half
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced into thin half moons
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
For the pesto:
- 100g fresh basil leaves
- 60g pistachio nuts
- 1,150ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C, fan/gas 6. Place the sausages and
potatoes in a large roasting tin, drizzle over the olive oil and toss to coat. Place in the oven for 30 mins, turning the sausages a couple of times to brown all over.
2. Remove the tin from the oven and add the peppers and tomatoes. Toss them together, season and put back in the oven for a further 20 mins.
3. While the dish is cooking, make the pesto by blitzing the ingredients together with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Put the red onion slices into a bowl with the vinegar to soften and slightly pickle.
5. Remove the tray from the oven, drizzle over the pesto and scatter over the onions. Serve with sourdough or olive bread.
Cook’s tip: Use thick slices of aubergine instead of sausages for a great veggie option.