Sausage and Broccoli Pasta Recipe
Just remove the skin of your sausages to turn them into meatballs. Easy peasy.
Serves 4 Total Time 30 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 6 free-range pork sausages, skin removed then rolled into small meatballs (5-6 per sausage)
- 2 x 400g tins of Ocado chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g linguine
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 30g Ocado grana padano, grated
- 1 handful of flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the oil gently in a large frying pan. Cook the garlic, fennel seeds and chilli flakes for 1–2 mins, until fragrant.
- Add the meatballs and continue to fry for 4–5 mins, until coloured.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the purée and simmer for 10–12 mins, until the sauce is fairly thick and the meatballs have cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to packet instructions in plenty of salted water. Add the broccoli for the last 2 mins and drain, reserving a little of the pasta water.
- Toss the pasta and broccoli through the sauce, adding some leftover pasta water to loosen, if necessary. Season and serve sprinkled with grana padano and parsley.