Salted Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fudge
These incredible fudge pieces are perfect for gifting at Christmas.
Serves 35 Total Time 30 mins
For the chocolate fudge:
- 200g double cream
- 300g caster sugar
- 170ml liquid glucose
- 60g butter
- 200g dark chocolate
For the peanut butter fudge:
- 150g caster sugar
- 250g smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 230g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare a tin 26cm by 18cm with non-stick paper.
- Make the chocolate fudge by melting the cream, sugar and glucose in a pan.
- Use a cooking thermometer to measure when it gets to 120°C, then add the butter, stir and let it reach 120°C again.
- Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and stir to a silky texture.
- Pour into the tray, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and chill in the fridge.
- Now make the peanut butter fudge by melting the butter, peanut butter and vanilla extract together. Then add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Remove the chocolate fudge from the fridge and pour the peanut butter fudge over the top, sprinkle with extra sea salt and place in the fridge again to set for 4–6 hrs.
- Once set, remove and cut up into 3cm squares. Pop these into a gift box, tin or jar. Best kept refrigerated and eaten within 3 weeks.