Rump Steak with Courgette, Lemony Feta and Walnuts
A zingy, zippy, protein-packed salad that’s easy to rustle up.
Serves 2 Total time 15 mins
• 2 rump steaks
• Zest and juice of 2 lemons
• 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 3 courgettes, julienned or grated
• 150g feta, broken into small chunks
• 75g walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
1. Add the steaks to a bowl with the grated zest and juice from 1 of the lemons along with 1 tbsp of olive oil and seasoning. Coat both sides of the steaks and set aside.
2. Put the julienned or grated courgettes into a large bowl and drizzle over the remaining 3 tbsp olive oil, season, and add the zest and juice of the remaining lemon.
3. Mix in the feta and walnuts.
4. Bring a non-stick griddle or frying pan to a high heat, then place the steaks in and leave for 2 mins. Turn the steaks over and cook for a further 2 mins. Depending on the thickness of your steaks, 4 mins should be roughly medium cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside for 5 mins to rest. 5. Once the steaks are rested, slice and serve with the salad.
Try adding some smoked paprika or cajun spice to the marinade for the steak to give it a little kick.