Roasted Vegetables with Feta, Hazelnuts and Sumac
The perfect vegetarian sharing dinner – swap the veg for whatever you fancy.
Serves 4 Total time 35 mins
• 2 red onions, thinly sliced
• 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 1 tsp fennel seeds
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 100g hazelnuts
• 2 medium courgettes, sliced into 1cm pieces
• 100g tenderstem broccoli, ends trimmed
• 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 200g feta cheese, crumbled
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 1 tsp sumac
• 1 bunch dill, roughly chopped
• Olive bread, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Spread the onion out in a roasting tray, followed by the fennel and fennel seeds.
2. Season, drizzle over half the oil and put into the oven for 15 mins until beginning to soften and colour a little.
3. Turn the oven up to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Scatter over the nuts, then spread the courgette, broccoli and garlic over the top, in an even layer. Drizzle over the rest of the oil, season and put back into the oven for about 15 mins until softened and beginning to char.
4. Remove from the oven and scatter over the feta, lemon zest, sumac and dill. Add a good grind of black pepper, and it’s ready to serve. Delicious with olive bread, but any crusty bread will do!