Greens aren’t the only colour you want to find on your Christmas table. This roasted carrot recipe comes with a topping of autumn specialties like pumpkin seeds.
Serves 4 Total Time 35mins
- 600 g carrots (with 2 cm of their tops kept on), washed and cut in half lengthways
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked sea salt
- 60g pumpkin seeds
- 20g flat-leaf parsley (or a small handful), leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas.
- Place the carrots in a large roasting tray, drizzle with the maple syrup and 3 tbsp olive oil, then season.
- Toss together well and roast in the oven for 30 mins.
- After 25 mins, put the pumpkin seeds onto a baking tray with 1 tbsp olive oil and the smoked sea salt, mix together and pop in the oven for 5 mins.
- Remove the carrots and pumpkin seeds from the oven, plate the carrots up and top.