Your parents may have insisted on eating your greens, but you shouldn’t forget your dose of orange either. In this recipe, the sprinkle of sea salt cuts right through the sweetness of maple glaze for a winning combination.
Serves 4 Total Time 35mins
- 600 g carrots (with 2 cm of their tops kept on), washed and cut in half lengthways
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked sea salt
- 60g pumpkin seeds
- 20g flat-leaf parsley (or a small handful), leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas.
- Place the carrots in a large roasting tray, drizzle with the maple syrup and 3 tbsp olive oil, then season.
- Toss together well and roast in the oven for 30 mins.
- After 25 mins, put the pumpkin seeds onto a baking tray with 1 tbsp olive oil and the smoked sea salt, mix together and pop in the oven for 5 mins.
- Remove the carrots and pumpkin seeds from the oven, plate the carrots up and top.