Roast Potatoes with a Celery Salt Crumb
No roast would be complete without the classic roast potato. Except, with a celery salt crumb, it’s not so classic after all.
Serves 4 Total Time 45 mins
- 850g floury potatoes, peeled and chopped into quarters (depending on size)
- 100g instant polenta (we used Organico Gluten-Free Quick Polenta)
- 1tsp celery salt
- ¼tsp ground black pepper
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas.
- Parboil the potatoes in salted boiling water for 8 mins, drain, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the polenta, celery salt and pepper over the potatoes and toss everything together.
- The potatoes should be well coated and starting to break up slightly around the edges – these are the bits that will go really crispy in the oven.
- Tip the potatoes into a large roasting tin and drizzle with the olive oil. Cook in the oven for 35 mins, turning halfway.
- Remove from the oven and serve with all the crispy bits from the roasting tin sprinkled over the top.