Greek-Style Roast Leg of Lamb recipe with Lemon and Garlic New Potatoes
Let this herby marinade work its magic on the rich meat for mouthwatering results.
Serves 6 Total Time 1hr 30 mins + marinating time
- 6 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- the zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 leg of lamb (approx. 2kg)
- 1kg of charlotte potatoes
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 300g purple sprouting broccoli
- 150g kale, tough stalks removed and torn
- Marinate the lamb the night before. In a bowl, whisk the garlic, olive oil, oregano, lemon zest and juice with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the lamb in a large roasting tin and pierce the flesh all over with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Pour over two-thirds of the marinade. and rub all over. Cover and refrigerate overnight, keeping the rest of the marinade in the fridge for later.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/Gas Mark 9. Add the rest of the marinade to the roasting tin along with the potatoes, sliced lemon and rosemary.
- Mix everything in the marinade and spread out around the lamb.
- Place the roasting tin into the oven for 15 mins, then reduce the heat to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas Mark 4 and cook for another 45 mins for blushing lamb.
- Turn the potatoes halfway through.
- Remove the lamb and potatoes from the roasting tin, keeping them warm. Let the meat rest while you cook the greens.
- Add the broccoli and kale to the roasting tin, tossing them in the cooking juices. Place in the oven for 15-20 mins, or until the broccoli stems are tender.
- Serve the lamb alongside the potatoes and vegetables.