Roast chimichurri spatchcock chicken traybake RECIPE
The Ocado Own Range is famous for top-rated quality at prices you love, and is designed to make cooking amazing meals from scratch easy, inexpensive and very tasty. This roast chimichurri spatchcock chicken traybake is guaranteed to be a family favourite.
Serves 4 Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
- 1 organic chicken (approx. 1.4kg)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 500g baby potatoes, cut into 1cm slices
- 3 peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 courgettes, cut into batons
- 1 garlic bulb, halved crosswise
For the chimichurri:
- 100ml olive oil
- 20g flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/190°C fan/Gas Mark 6-7 and line two roasting tins with baking paper. Turn the chicken breast-side down and use a sharp pair of scissors to cut along either side of the spine to remove it.
- Turn the chicken over and pull out the legs. Press down on the breast with the ball of your hand to flatten the chicken, then place it in one of the roasting tins. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetables and garlic into the second tin and drizzle with the remaining oil. Season to taste and toss to coat. Meanwhile, put both trays in the oven, with the chicken on the top shelf. Roast for 30 mins, then remove the vegetable tray to give the vegetables a toss. Return to the oven and cook everything for another 30 mins.
- Finally, use a balloon whisk to mix together all the ingredients for the chimichurri. To serve, cut the chicken into four portions and dish up alongside the roasted veg and chimichurri.