Roast Chicken Caesar Salad
Creamy dressing, crunchy croutons, juicy lettuce. Caesar salad is a special kind of genius.
Serves 6-8 as part of a buffet or 4-6 as dinner Total Time 1 hour 20 mins
Add all ingredients here.
For the salad
- 1 chicken, (approx 1.6kg)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 romaine heart lettuces, (sliced)
- 80g fresh anchovies
- 100g baked croutons
- 2 avocados, sliced
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of half a lemon (more if desired)
- 1 clove garlic (finely grated, for the dressing)
- 50g parmesan (finely grated)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Place the chicken in a roasting tin, drizzle over the olive oil and season. Place the tray into the oven to roast for 50-60 mins, or until cooked through.
2. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 mins.
3. Pull all the meat off the bones and tear into chunks.
4. Make the dressing by whisking together everything but the cheese. Then stir in the parmesan and season to taste.
5. Place the romaine and chicken in a large mixing bowl and add the dressing. Toss everything together very well.
6. Decant to your serving plate and scatter over the fresh anchovy fillets and croutons. Add the avocado, some parmesan shavings and a last twist of black pepper before serving.