Rice Noodle Salad with Sweet Chilli Prawns, Spinach and Avocado
Super-fast and bursting with fresh Asian flavours.
Serves 2 Total time 15 mins
• 200g folded rice noodles
• 2 tbsp white wine or cider vinegar
• 4 tsp sesame oil
• 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• 100g baby leaf spinach
• 180g raw king prawns
• 1 large avocado, flesh scooped out and sliced
1. Place the noodles into a large bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 10 mins, then drain and refresh in cold water. Drain again and add the noodles back into the bowl adding in 2 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce and the spinach. Toss everything together.
2. In a large non-stick frying pan add the remaining 2 tsp sesame oil and stir-fry the prawns on a high heat for 30 secs. Add in the last 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce and cook for a further 30 secs, tossing all the time to evenly cook, and then remove from the heat.
3. Serve the noodles in shallow bowls and top with the avocado slices and cooked prawns.
Adding some fresh herbs to this dish will up the vibrant flavours. Feel free to swap to your favourite noodles, such as sobe, as these will work just as well.