Remember, remember the list of December.
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, but it’s also one giant never-ending to-do list. One-word notes like ‘Ice’, or classics like ‘Don’t forget the batteries’. Yes, that old chestnut (note to self: get chestnuts for roasting).
To make your life easier, we’ve put together a list of the most forgotten Christmas items and tasks. You can copy and paste it to your to-do app of choice or, if you prefer the satisfaction of crossing things out with a pen, you can download it and print it off, too. There’s also a dedicated aisle of ‘things not to forget’ that you can shop from.
COMMONLY FORGOTTEN ITEMS FROM THE SHOPPING LIST
- A vegetarian option for the Christmas dinner.
- Christmas dinner sauces: cranberry, bread, mint sauce/jelly.
- Wrapping paper.
- Christmas crackers.
- Brussel sprouts.
- Cheese & crackers
- Pigs in blankets.
- Brandy butter
- Brandy sauce.
- Bin bags.
- Duck/goose fat.
Commonly forgotten things to do
- Buy presents for extended relatives.
- Buy/put on the Christmas jumper.
- Wrap last-minute gifts.
- Send out Christmas cards.
- Order the normal weekly shop i.e. bread, milk, fruit.
- Fill the ice cube trays.
- Buy your relative’s favourite tipple.
- Take the Christmas presents with you when visiting your festive family/friends’ bubble.
- Leave a mince pie out for Father Christmas.
- Defrost the turkey.
- Turn the oven on (especially at the right time or temperature.)
- Put the vegetables on.
Looking for some other top tips? Check out our Christmas dinner recipes for some festive foodspiration.