Red Thai Salmon Curry
Both delicious and healthy, plus it only takes 20 mins to bring it all together.
Serves 4 Total Time 20 mins.
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 30g coriander, stalks finely chopped and leaves roughly chopped
- 3cm piece of root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp red thai curry paste
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 4 lightly smoked salmon fillets, skin removed and chopped into 2cm chunks
- 250g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 400g brown rice, cooked
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 handful cashew nuts, toasted
- 4 lime wedges
- In a large frying pan, gently sauté the oil and onion until soft, over a medium heat for 2 mins.
- Add the coriander stalks, grated ginger and paste. Stir together and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the coconut milk and half stock cube, and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to a simmer, add the salmon chunks and cook gently for 8 mins.
- Throw in the sugar snap peas and coriander leaves, cook for another 1–2 mins.
- Scatter the cashews and coconut flakes on top, garnish with lime wedges. Serve with rice.