Raspberry Banana ‘Ice Cream’
When there’s no way you’ll use those bananas in time, peel, chop and freeze. Then use in smoothies or whizz into this pink pud.
Serves 2 Takes 10 mins
- 2 frozen bananas (peeled, sliced into coins and frozen overnight)
- 100g frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp honey
- Sliced banana, nuts or seeds sprinkled (optional)
1. Place the frozen banana slices and raspberries in a NutriBullet or high-speed blender. Whizz until smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed. It may not come together straight away, as the fruit needs to melt a little to meld. Taste to see if you want to add the honey, and blend it in if you like.
2. Serve immediately for soft-serve ice cream. If you prefer a scoopable ice cream, place in a container and pop in the freezer until it sets a little more.
3. Spoon or scoop into bowls and top with slices of banana. Sprinkle with nuts and seeds of your choice.