Quinoa, Couscous and Feta-Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Try this Greek-inspired dish for a light but satisfying supper.
Serves 4 Total Time 35 mins
- 4 peppers
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- a packet of quinoa
- a packet of couscous
- feta cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 120g pea shoots and baby leaves
- 2 x 345g BOL Mediterranean Roasted Veg
- a handful of fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6 and line a roasting tin with baking paper.
- Cut your peppers in half from top to bottom. If you want them to look good, try to cut the stalk down the middle so each piece has half a stalk.
- Remove the seeds and make the cavity as hollow as possible. Lay them on a baking tray hollow side up and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Roast for 20 mins at 180°C. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook your quinoa and couscous following the instructions on the packet.
- Once ready, stuff your peppers and top with a little of the feta. Pop them back in the oven for a while to heat through.
- Just before the peppers are ready, tip your leaves onto a serving plate and add the roasted veg. Toss together.
- Mix the oil, balsamic vinegar and a little salt and pepper for the salad dressing, and decant into a serving jug or bowl.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and place on top of the leaves. Drizzle over some dressing, season and top with basil leaves.