Quick Vegetarian Scotch Eggs
We’re letting you in on our favourite trick – just add water to falafel mix to make an easy veggie cocoon for your scotch egg.
Makes 3 Takes 20 mins
• 3 small-medium eggs
• 150g Falafel Mix
• Plain flour, to dust
• 30g breadcrumbs
• Oil of your choice, for deep frying
1. For gooey yolks, boil the eggs for 5 mins. Dowse in cold water before peeling.
2. Prepare the falafel mix in a bowl with 150ml cold water, mix well and leave to stand for 4-5 mins.
3. Get two plates and put flour on one and breadcrumbs on the other.
4. Roll the boiled eggs in the flour. Divide the falafel mix into three, then take one piece and flatten it onto your palm. Place a floured egg in the middle and shape the mixture around the egg, it may take a bit of coaxing. Make into a ball and roll it in the breadcrumbs to coat. Pat the crumbs in a little to stick, set aside and repeat.
5. Fill a saucepan halfway with oil over a high heat. When hot, cook a couple at a time for 1-2 mins, until crisp and golden. Remove, drain and serve.
Add all the ingredients you need for Quick Vegetarian Scotch Eggs here.