Lisa Faulkner’s Pigs in Blankets Traybake
Salty meat and sweet veg make great companions in this dish.
Serves 4 Total Time 50mins
- 2–3 Ocado organic potatoes, quartered, parboiled (10 mins)
- 6 big or 12 small pigs in blankets
- 3 Ocado carrots, halved lengthways, parboiled
- 2 organic leeks, cut into chunks
- 1 Ocado red onion, cut into wedges
- 8 Ocado brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 Ocado garlic cloves, smashed
- 6 stuffing balls
- Olive oil
- 300ml chicken stock
- 200g frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/gas 4.
- Put the potatoes into a large roasting tin with a glug of oil, cook for 20 mins until they start to turn golden.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except stock and peas), toss in the oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 30–40 mins.
- Give the tray a good shake and turn the veg, stuffing and pigs in blankets.
- Pour the stock and peas into the bottom of the tray and cook for a further 5–10 mins.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
For more Lisa Faulkner recipes check out her Apple Crumble and Custard Cake