Persian style grain salad with grilled chicken
Comforting and quick, grain pouches are great when you want a no-fuss dinner.
Serves 4-6 Total Time 30 mins
- 1 pack free range mini chicken fillets
- 2 x 250g pack Merchant Gourmet
- British Quinoa & Rice Mix
- 2cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard of your choice
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp mixed seeds
- Dash of soy sauce
- 1 large beetroot, grated
- 1 avocado, diced
- 100g watercress
- Preheat the grill to high temperature. Season the chicken fillets and grill for 5 minutes, until they’re just cooked through.
- Heat the grain pouches according to the pack instructions, tip into a bowl, allow to cool slightly then stir to separate the grains.
- Meanwhile, take another bowl and make the dressing. Mix together the ginger, pomegranate molasses, honey, mustard, lemon zest and juice and olive oil.
- Season and stir through the grains. Toast the seeds in a small pan on the hob until golden. Shake in a dash of soy sauce, mix well and take off the heat.
- When the grains have cooled down to room temperature, add the beetroot, avocado, watercress and toasted seeds, and gently fold them through. Serve topped with the chicken.