Pancetta Chicken with Roasted Vegetables and Melting Camembert
Melting camembert adds the final magic touch to this simple winter winner.
Serves 4 Total Time 35 mins
- 4 chicken breasts
- 180g pancetta slices
- 5 thyme sprigs
- 500ml hot chicken stock
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 2cm wedges
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 2cm wedges
- 1/2 tbsp plain or gluten-free flour
- 200g cavolo nero, stalks removed and chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2cm wedges
- 250g camembert, cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7 and wrap each chicken breast with the strips of pancetta, covering evenly.
- Place the thyme sprigs in the bottom of an oven tray and place the chicken on top.
- Pour half the stock, lemon zest and juice into the tray and set aside. Take the remaining stock and stir through the flour and reserve for later.
- Take a second oven tray and place all the root veg (except cavolo nero), drizzle with olive oil, add some seasoning and give everything a good mix.
- Place both trays in the oven for around 20 mins, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove both trays. Take the veg tray, mix in the cavolo nero and pop back into the oven for 3 mins more.
- With the chicken tray, add the remaining stock, place on the hob at a medium heat and allow to bubble and thicken into a sauce.
- Slice the chicken up onto plates, discard the thyme stalks and spoon the sauce over.
- Remove the veg and serve alongside the chicken and slices of camembert, which should start to melt nicely with the heat.