Pan-fried Red and Green Cabbage
The quince jelly and cider vinegar give these colourful veggies the perfect bite that will really cut through on the plate. Plus, it gives you a chance to break out the wok even on a roast day.
Serves 4 Total Time 30 mins
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 banana shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, lightly bashed with 1tsp sea salt
- 400g red cabbage, finely sliced
- 300g green cabbage (savoy or sweetheart), finely sliced
- 2 tbsp quince jelly (we used Paiarrop Membrillo Quince Paste)
- 40 ml cider vinegar
- Add the oil and shallots to a large frying pan or wok and fry gently for 2 mins. Then add the coriander seeds, stirring for 1 min, before adding the cabbage.
- Turn the heat up and stir-fry, keeping the cabbage moving for 3 mins until it starts to wilt and cook down.
- Now add the quince paste and cider vinegar, stirring everything together well and cooking for a further 2 mins.
- Pile onto a serving plate to dish up.