Pan-Fried Mackerel with Cannellini Garlic Mash, Oven-Roasted Tomatoes and Broccoli
The tomatoes and broccoli bring a cheerful freshness to this full-flavoured fish dish.
Serves 4 Total Time 25 mins
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 300g purple sprouting broccoli
- 9 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, bashed
- 2x400g tins cannellini beans, drained,rinsed
- 4 mackerel fillets
For the dressing
- 1 1/2 tbsp mini capers
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/Gas Mark 4. Place the tomatoes and broccoli in a non-stick oven tray with 2 tablespoons of the oil and some seasoning.
- Toss and cook for 15 mins. Place 5 tablespoons of oil into a saucepan along with the rosemary, garlic and some seasoning and warm over a low heat for 10 mins, to infuse the oil with the flavours.
- Remove the rosemary and garlic from the oil and discard. Add the beans to the pan and mash roughly with the flavoured oil, before warming through over a low heat.
- When their cooking time is up, remove the tomatoes and broccoli from the oven and carefully tip just the juices into a bowl, then set the tray aside.
- To the same bowl, add all the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
- Fry the mackerel fillets in 2 tablespoons of oil in a large non-stick frying pan, for 1–2 mins per side.
- To serve, spoon some bean mash onto each plate along with the broccoli and tomatoes, place the mackerel on top and drizzle over the dressing.