Pan-Fried Chicken Breast with Red Cabbage and Radish Slaw
Crispy chicken and a rainbow of slaw for your five-a-day.
Serves 2 Total time 25 mins
• 2 chicken breast fillets
• 1 tbsp cornflour
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 300g red cabbage, shredded
• 100g radishes, thinly sliced
• 5 spring onions, finely sliced
• 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, picked
FOR THE DRESSING
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp cider or white wine vinegar
• 1 tsp honey or sugar
1. Lay the chicken on a board and bash with a rolling pin until roughly 1.7cm thick.
2. Dust the flattened chicken with the cornflour and season.
3. In a large non-stick pan add the oil and, on a medium heat, cook the chicken for around 4 mins per side, until golden and cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. In a large bowl add the cabbage, radishes, spring onions and parsley leaves.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the dressing with a little seasoning, then mix this through the slaw, coating everything really well.
6. Slice the chicken into thin slices and serve onto plates with the slaw.
Try adding a little sumac to the cornflour if you have some in your store-cupboard.