Orange and Almond Shortbread Button Biscuits Dipped in Chocolate Orange
Cheat the recipe and use M&S shortbread biscuits instead. Simply dip into the melted chocolate orange mixture and enjoy.
Serves 18 Total Time 40 mins
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 150g plain flour
- 150g ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Zest of an orange
- 2 Terry’s Chocolate Orange (milk or dark)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Beat the sugar and butter together.
- Add the flour, almonds, extract and orange zest to the butter and sugar. Then beat together to form a soft dough.
- Bring into a ball shape and cover in cling film. Place in the fridge for 20 mins to firm up.
- Roll out the dough, roughly 1cm thick, on a floured surface. Use a 6cm cutter to stamp out circles.
- Keep re-rolling the leftover dough to get as many as you can.
- Using a skewer, make two little holes in the centre to resemble a button and press a smaller biscuit cutter lightly into the surface to imprint an inner circle.
- Place the biscuits onto a non-stick flat oven tray leaving space to expand, dust with a little caster sugar and bake for 10 mins.
- Remove and leave to cool.
- While the biscuits are cooling, melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.
- Dip the cooled biscuits in the chocolate halfway or drizzle over, then lay them on a wire rack to set. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.