Mushroom, leek and sage soup with smoked houmous
A gorgeously rustic seasonal trio in one soup. Smoky houmous adds an extra layer of flavour.
Serves 4 Total Time 25 mins
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20g fresh sage, leaves finely chopped (reserving a few to garnish)
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced
- 250g Ocado Gold Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 125g Ocado Gold Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 litre vegetable stock, or chicken stock if preferred
- 150g Moorish Smoked Houmous Original
- In a large pan, gently infuse the garlic and sage in 3tbsp of olive oil on a low heat for 2 mins.
- Add the leeks, mushrooms and some salt and pepper to the pan. Turn the heat up to medium, stirring regularly for 3 mins until everything starts to soften.
- Add the stock to the pan, bring to boil and then turn down to simmer for 15 mins.
- Remove the soup from the heat and using a stick blender whizz to a smooth consistency.
- Serve the soup with a dollop of the smoked houmous and the reserved sage leaves, drizzle with some extra olive oil and black pepper.