MOB’s za’atar veg and lentil bowls with tahini yogurt
Leftover roasted veg makes this delicious dish a slam dunk in the kitchen (and your tummy).
Serves 4 Total Time 20mins
For the pho
- 350g leftover roasted veg
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp za’atar, plus extra to serve
- 60g pumpkin seeds
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 500g cooked puy lentils
- 1 small bunch parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
For the tahini yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 150g natural yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/ 200˚C fan/Gas 7. Put the veg into a large roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and scatter with za’atar.
- Toss well then put in the oven for around 10 mins to reheat.
- Make the tahini yogurt by mixing both ingredients with up to 1 tbsp water, then season.
- Put a large frying pan over a medium heat, tip in the pumpkin seeds and toss until they start to pop. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add a glug of olive oil to the pan with the garlic, chilli and cumin and fry for 2 mins. Add the lentils and a splash of water and stir. Fry for 2 mins and season.
- Remove the veg from the oven and tip the lentil mixture into the roasting tray.
- Mix in most of the parsley and half the lemon juice. Taste and add more seasoning or lemon juice if you like.
- Spoon into bowls, top with the tahini yogurt, pumpkin seeds and remaining parsley, and finish with a big pinch of za’atar.