MOB’s Leftover Flammkuchen Recipe
You can buy your flatbread rather than making it from scratch, but where’s the fun in that?
Serves 4 Total Time 45 mins
- 250g plain flour
- olive oil
- 2 brown onions
- 1 leftover green pepper
- 100g Ocado smoked streaky bacon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100g leftover spinach
- 100g crème fraîche
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Combine the flour, 150ml water, 1/2 tsp salt and 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Mix to form a dough and knead for 3–5 minutes until it’s smooth and elastic. Cover and allow to rest while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice your onions and peppers into large chunks. Chop the bacon into small cubes and, in a frying pan, fry it off for about 3 minutes. Add in the onions and peppers and cook for 5 minutes until translucent and softened.
- Grate in the garlic and add in the spinach. Cook for a further minute until the spinach has wilted.
- Combine the crème fraîche and nutmeg in a small bowl and season with salt.
- Roll out the dough as thinly as you can, roughly the thickness of a pound coin, and place on a lined baking tray. Fold the corners to make a crust and spread the crème fraîche mixture on top.
- Sprinkle on your bacon and veg topping and bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes.
Check out our MOB recipe collection, for more deliciousness.