MOB’s Halloumi, Brussels Sprout and Sweetcorn Fritters
If you fancy brunch with a twist, this recipe won’t let you down. Serve straight or add fried eggs to take it up a notch.
Serves 4 Total Time 10mins
- 325g tin sweetcorn
- 2 eggs
- 60g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g leftover cooked brussels sprouts, chopped
- 125g halloumi, grated
- bunch spring onions, sliced
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- olive oil
- sesame seeds, to serve
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
For the sriracha yogurt:
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 150g natural yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 120˚C/100˚C fan/½ Gas. Blitz half the sweetcorn in a food processor with the eggs, flour and baking powder.
- Tip into a bowl with the sprouts and reserved sweetcorn. Add the halloumi, along with ¾ of the spring onions and ¾ of the coriander. Season well and stir.
- Mix the sriracha sauce with the yogurt, season and set aside.
- Heat a big glug of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add four large spoonful’s of the mixture to the pan, pressing each down to create a disc shape.
- Fry for 1½ mins on each side. Once cooked, pop the fritters in the oven to keep warm while you repeat the process with the rest of the mixture.
- To serve, top the fritters with a drizzle of yogurt and some sesame seeds. Add the remaining spring onions and coriander, then finish with a squeeze of lime.