MOB’s Cheeseboard Toastie
This is what we call super-easy comfort food; a cheese toastie made with your cheeseboard leftovers – you can even use the cranberry sauce!
Serves 4 Total Time 20mins
- 350g leftover cheese from the cheeseboard, grated
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4-6 tbsp leftover cranberry sauce
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp butter
- Put all the cheese into a large bowl and season well.
- Lay out four slices of bread and cover each with a layer of the cheese, using half your cheese mix in total.
- Spoon on the cranberry sauce, dolloping it onto the cheese. Add a final layer of cheese, top with the remaining four slices of bread to form a sandwich.
- Now, this is the important bit: spread the top of each sandwich with ½ tbsp of mayonnaise – this is the ultimate trick to a crispy and golden toastie.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in the base of a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Mayonnaise side down, and fry the slices for 4 mins, using a spatula to press them down so they become golden and crisp.
- While the base cooks, spread the top sides with another ½ tbsp of mayonnaise – it’s easiest to do this with the back of a tablespoon.
- Flip and cook the other side for another 4 mins. Remove from the heat and repeat with the other two toasties.
- Slice in half and get stuck in, preferably in front of a Boxing Day movie marathon.