MISO CARAMEL CHOCOLATE MOUSSE Recipe
This mousse comes without all the tricky techniques and setting times you would expect. It’s easy to make and rich in chocolate. When paired with miso caramel, it becomes positively heavenly to eat. Find more delicious MOB Kitchen’s recipes produced exclusively for Ocado here.
Serves 6 Total Time 45 mins
- 100g soft toffees
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 220g dark chocolate
- 125g mini marshmallows
- 300ml double cream
- Place the toffees in a saucepan with the milk and gently heat until the toffees have melted. Stir to bring it together as a smooth sauce. Add the miso paste and mix to combine.
- Divide this mixture between 6 ramekins, or into one large one. Allow to cool.
- Cut the chocolate up into small pieces and add it to a saucepan along with the mini marshmallows. Set the pan over a gentle heat and occasionally stir until melted. Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Pour double cream into a bowl and whisk it until it forms medium-thick, soft peaks. Fold the cream into your chocolate bowl until you have a totally combined mixture.
- Pour this chocolate mix on top of your caramel in the ramekins and smooth the top. Allow to set in the fridge for 30 mins and serve.
Chef’s tip: If your chocolate mixture splits, you can often bring it back together by adding a little milk and blitzing it with a stick blender to re-emulsify it.