Miso and Butter Roasted Salmon with Spring Onions
Prepare your salmon ahead of time by marinating it in miso and popping it in the fridge overnight for an amazing umami kick.
Serves 6 Total Time 40 mins, plus marinating time
- 1 side of salmon (approximately 800g)
- 6 tbsp white miso paste
- 3 tbsp mirin
- 1½ tbsp caster sugar
- 2 bunches spring onions, trimmed
- 40g butter, softened
- 400g black rice
- 1 bag peppery salad
- Place the salmon in a large container. Mix together the miso, mirin and caster sugar and pour over the salmon, making sure that it’s entirely covered.
- Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes or, ideally, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Lay the spring onions around the salmon, coating them in any extra marinade.
- Dot the butter over the salmon and onions and roast for 20–25 minutes, until the salmon flakes easily. Meanwhile, cook the rice to pack instructions.
- Let the salmon rest for 5 minutes before serving with rice and salad, saving 4 portions of fish, 1 portion of rice and a few spring onions for your lunches.