Mezze to Share
Let everyone get stuck in and assemble their perfect Greek wrap. We’ve also listed our best movie pairings at the end of this post, for the ideal Ocado and chill experience.
Serves 4-6 Total Time 3hrs 40 mins
For the wraps:
- 8–12 soft flour wraps (two per person)
- 100g baby rocket leaf salad
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 8–12 basque hot
- peppers, chopped (optional)
- 2–3 tsp pomegranate molasses
- mint leaves
- coriander leaves
For the lamb:
- 1 lamb shoulder, approx. 1.6kg
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 160°/140°C fan/Gas Mark 3 and line a roasting tin with greaseproof paper. Place the lamb into the roasting tin.
- Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle over the garlic, oregano and some seasoning. Place a sheet of foil over the lamb, sealing it in, and put in the oven for 3 hrs.
- Take the lamb out of the oven and remove the foil. Turn the heat up to 190°C/ 170°C fan/Gas Mark 5 and return the lamb to the oven, uncovered, for 30 mins. This should get the skin to turn deeply golden and lovely and crispy.
- With 15 mins to go, gather the rest of the ingredients for the wraps, so they are close at hand and ready for assembly.
- Then place a frying pan on a medium heat and start to warm the wraps for 30 secs each side.
- Once the lamb is ready, remove from the oven, transfer to a chopping board or carving plate and use two forks to shred it. The lamb should just fall apart.
- To serve, take a wrap, add some rocket salad, then top with some lamb, feta, pomegranate seeds and hot peppers, if using.
- Add a drizzle of pomegranate molasses and a scattering of fresh herbs, then wrap up and devour.
- TOP TIP: If you don’t have any pomegranate molasses, just swap for balsamic vinegar instead.
What to watch: Mamma Mia, Captain Corelli’s Mandolin, The Bourne Identity, Shirley Valentine, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Bridesmaids, Jumanji: The Next Level
What to drink: Metaxa The Original Greek Spirit 12 Stars 70cl, £31. Take yourself back to summer holidays with a swig of Metaxa., a mixture of brandy and muscat infused with rose petals, herbs and spices.