Mezze to Share
Let everyone get stuck in and assemble their perfect Greek wrap.
Serves 4-6 Total Time 3hrs 40 mins
For the wraps:
- 8–12 soft flour wraps (two per person)
- 100g baby rocket leaf salad
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 8–12 basque hot
- peppers, chopped (optional)
- 2–3 tsp pomegranate molasses
- mint leaves
- coriander leaves
For the lamb:
- 1 lamb shoulder, approx. 1.6kg
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 160°/140°C fan/Gas Mark 3 and line a roasting tin with greaseproof paper. Place the lamb into the roasting tin.
- Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle over the garlic, oregano and some seasoning. Place a sheet of foil over the lamb, sealing it in, and put in the oven for 3 hrs.
- Take the lamb out of the oven and remove the foil. Turn the heat up to 190°C/ 170°C fan/Gas Mark 5 and return the lamb to the oven, uncovered, for 30 mins. This should get the skin to turn deeply golden and lovely and crispy.
- With 15 mins to go, gather the rest of the ingredients for the wraps, so they are close at hand and ready for assembly.
- Then place a frying pan on a medium heat and start to warm the wraps for 30 secs each side.
- Once the lamb is ready, remove from the oven, transfer to a chopping board or carving plate and use two forks to shred it. The lamb should just fall apart.
- To serve, take a wrap, add some rocket salad, then top with some lamb, feta, pomegranate seeds and hot peppers, if using.
- Add a drizzle of pomegranate molasses and a scattering of fresh herbs, then wrap up and devour.
- TOP TIP: If you don’t have any pomegranate molasses, just swap for balsamic vinegar instead.