Meet Oddpods, pulses with no minuses
Oddpods, have been in pursuit of perfect pulses for years. Their founders gained their knowledge buying and trading some of the oddest pods on the market, bringing them to kitchens all over the country.
It’s this knowledge, combined with a love of wholesome, home cooked meals, which inspired them to launch Oddpods. A range of no nonsense, ethically sourced pulses, that are ready to eat and packed with plant-based protein.
Story of Chana Dal
Deep in the foothills of Kilimanjaro, Tanzania, farmers are using the same methods they have for hundreds of years to grow black chickpeas. After harvest, the black chickpeas are split and de-husked to make a wonderfully traditional Chana Dal. When Oddpods discovered this, they knew it was the perfect place to source from. Use the Chana Dal Oddpods in everything from salads to delicious meals like Thai Green Curry.
Oddpods Thai Green Curry
Using their Chana Dal, this Thai Green Curry is super quick to make and can also be adapted to add chicken or prawns if you like.
- 1 bag Oddpods Chana Dal
- 50g Thai green curry paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 100g kale
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 cm slice ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 10 shallots
- Soy sauce to adjust seasoning
- Finely chop the ginger and garlic, slice the shallots.
- Cut around the underside of the cauliflower head and with a small knife cut the florets. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, over medium to high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and fry the shallots, garlic and ginger until caramelized, add the curry paste and cook until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and add the chana dal. Cover with a lid and simmer for 5-10 minutes, stir in the kale and vegetable stock. Simmer for 5 more minutes without the lid. If necessary, adjust the seasoning with soy sauce.