Meera Sodha’s New Year’s Eve Campari & Fresh Orange Jellies
Let’s face it. this New Year’s Eve is going to be a little bit different. So, why not celebrate it with something a little bit different? For sensible soirees, we love this sophisticated and sweet celebratory cocktail/dessert from the wonder-cook and constant source of inspiration that is Meera Sodha. Bursting with orange flavours (Ocado own-label) and Italian Campari (NYEgroni anyone?), it’s perfect to bring in 2021, aka the best year ever. Don’t worry, you don’t have to juice the oranges yourself, you can also buy some good quality orange juice instead.
Serves 4 Total Time 25 mins + 2/3hrs cooling
- 6 large Ocado oranges (1 zested, all juiced, for 350ml juice)
- 1 packet vege-gel
- 200ml Campari
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
- Pour the orange juice into a small pan, sprinkle in the vege-gel, stir until it’s dissolved, then pop the pan over a low to medium heat and bring briefly to a boil.
- Take off the heat, stir through the Campari and sugar then pour into four little glasses. Leave to cool then refrigerate for a couple of hours until fully set.
- To serve, place a scoop of ice cream over the top of each glass and sprinkle over the orange zest.
Meera’s Tip: This jelly can be made a day in advance and served in glasses, poured into a jelly mould or leave unmoulded to served on a plate. Meera recommends serving with vanilla ice cream for extra indulgence this NYE.
Check out Meera’s MOB Kitchen Chilli & Sprout Noodles for some foodspiration