Mashed Potato Croquettes with Parmesan and Bacon
Try keeping the skin on your potatoes when you mash to benefit from the extra vitamins, fibre and iron contained in the potato peel. You also can use pre-made mash for this, but if the consistency is wet you’ll only need one egg yolk.
Serves 12 Total Time 45 mins
- 3 rashers of bacon, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs, plus 2 extra egg yolks
- 500g mashed potato
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 150g breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Fry the bacon and mix in a bowl with the egg yolks. Add the mash, parmesan, chives and flour.
- Roll into egg-size patties and flatten slightly. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Beat 4 eggs in a bowl and place the breadcrumbs in another bowl. Pour 1cm of oil into a frying pan and put on a medium-high heat.
- Dip a patty in the egg bowl, then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat and fry in batches, leaving space around each croquette. Turn for 3–4 minutes until golden on all sides.
- Remove and blot before serving with a squeeze of lemon and a crunchy green salad.