Marmalade Chicken Thighs
After being challenged by a Food Scientist to create a recipe that combines the perfect chemical combination for taste of Marmalade and Chicken, Jessie and Lennie Ware, from the podcast Table Manners, came up with this irresistible recipe with sticky sweet marmalade and succulent chicken. Sounds like a match made in heaven to us.
- 6 chicken thighs (skin on or off)
- 3 tbsp of thick cut marmalade
- 1.5 tbsp whole grain mustard
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 1 orange cut in thin circle slices with skin on
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pepper to season
- 1 red chilli finely sliced, seeds removed (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan. Combine all the ingredients apart from the orange slices in a bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Place the chicken thighs in a baking tray and coat thighs with the mixture. Add a grind of pepper.
- Cook for 50 mins. Half way through, scatter the orange slices around the baking tray. If the chicken is browning too quickly place an orange slice over the thigh, or put some tin foil over the tray.
- Garnish with the finely sliced red chilli. Serve with green beans, tenderstem broccoli and either rice or mashed potato.