Mak Tok Malaysian recipes: Soyaberry shaved ice
Top tip alert from our friends at Mak Tok. This easy-to-make Malaysian shaved ice is perfect for a light dessert or a pleasing palette cleanser between courses.
Serves 2 Total Time 10 mins + overnight freezing.
- 400ml sweetened soy milk
- 5 strawberries
- 10 blueberries
- 30g flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 scoop dairy-free vanilla ice cream
- A piece or two of mint
- Freeze the soy milk overnight.
- Shave the soy milk into a large bowl using a grater.
- Add strawberries, blueberries, flaked almonds and drizzle with golden syrup.
- Add a scoop of dairy free vanilla ice cream
- Garnish with mint.