Mak Tok Malaysian recipes: Malaysian Grilled Fish
The second of our Mak Tok Malaysian recipes is a white fish dish that’s ready in less than half an hour.
Serves 2 Total Time 25 mins.
- 210g halibut fillets
- 6 tbsp Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Prepare the grilled fish dipping sauce by mixing vinegar, onion, sugar, water, soy sauce, and squeeze 1/2 lime juice. Set aside.
- Gently sauté Mak Tok’s Signature Chilli Paste in a pan on a low heat until it starts to sizzle. Continue stirring it for 1 min before removing the pan from the heat.
- Rub salt on the halibut fillets. After that, spread the sautéed chilli pastes on the fillets and allow to marinate for 10 mins.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a heated pan. Place the halibut fillets on the baking paper and grill each side for 3 mins or until slightly charred.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.