Mak Tok Malaysian recipes: Homemade sweet chilli egg tofu
Our next Malaysian recipe in our Mak Tok series is the seriously tasty classic vegan dish, sweet chilli egg tofu.
Serves 4 Total Time 40 mins.
- 6 free range eggs
- 400ml unsweetened soya milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste
- 1 tbsp water
- 20g chopped coriander
- 30g cornflour
- Oil for frying
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Pour in the soya milk and one teaspoon of salt. Mix well and strain it into a bowl for steaming.
- Steam the mixture for 20 mins and set aside to cool for 5 mins.
- Gently remove the egg tofu and slice into smaller chunks. Coat the tofu with some cornflour.
- Pan fry the egg tofu chunks. When all the egg tofu is slightly crispy on allsides, push it to the side of the pan. Turn the heat to low and add Mak Tok’s Sweet Chilli Paste, water, and a teaspoon of salt. Mix well.
- Now, coat all the egg tofu pieces with the sweet chilli.
- Garnish with coriander and serve immediately with a bowl of warm rice.