Mak Tok Malaysian recipes: Garlic Soy Bok Choy
This Garlic Soy Bok Choy is full of flavour and really easy to make.
Serves 2 Total Time 20 mins.
- 250g Bok Choy or Baby Bok Choy
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tbsp fried shallots
- Oil for stir-frying
- Water for blanching
- Bring a pot of water to boil and blanch the bok choy with a pinch of salt for 1 min. Immediately dip the bok choy in cold tap water after that and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the soy sauce, water, sugar, white pepper and cornflour in a bowl.
- Heat up a pan or wok and pour in some oil. Add garlic and sauté it for a minute on medium heat to release the fragrance. Gently pour in the sauce and stir well for 30 seconds on medium-low heat.
- Pour the soy garlic sauce over the bok choy. Sprinkle some fried shallots for some extra taste.