Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
Usually the most outrageous of street-food finds, these fries are loaded with tasty veggies. #BigEatIn
Serves 4 Total time 30 mins
For the fries
• 800g sweet potatoes, cut into thin strips or wedges with the skin on
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
For the salsa
• 4 large on-the-vine tomatoes, diced
• 1 red onion, finely diced
• 1 tbsp white, red or balsamic vinegar
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the dressing
• 250g greek yogurt
• 15g fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
• Zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp honey or sugar
For the rest
• 1/2 iceberg lettuce, shredded
• 1 x 400g jar chickpeas, drained and tossed with some olive oil and seasoning
• Bunch coriander, leaves roughly chopped
• 300g feta cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/Gas 6. In a large baking tray with plenty of space, toss the sweet potatoes in the oil and balsamic vinegar, along with some seasoning. Place in the oven for 30 mins.
2. To make the salsa, mix together the tomatoes, onion, vinegar, oil and some seasoning in a bowl, then set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and season.
4. Remove the wedges from the oven and transfer to a large plate. Now load them up with the lettuce, chickpeas, coriander, feta and salsa. Finish by
drizzling the dressing over the top.
This combo also works well with chicken (breast or chunks). Why not double the crumb mix and freeze half for another time?If you like a spicy kick, add harissa paste to the sweet potatoes when cooking. Avocado is also a great additional topping if you have some.
Add all the ingredients you need for Loaded Sweet Potato Fries here.