Lisa’s Mexican Baked Huevos Rancheros Recipe
We teamed up with Lisa to ask our followers what cuisine they’d like to see next, and the result? Mexican. Said and done, here’s Lisa’s take on a brunch staple, aka huevos rancheros. Here Lisa makes use of our value delivered range with Ocado own-brand organic avocados, black beans and eggs.
Serves 4 Total Time 35 mins
- olive oil
- 1 Ocado onion, chopped
- 1 Ocado pepper (red, yellow or green), chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 large tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes, half a tin of water
- 1 x 400g tin Ocado black beans, drained
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 4 Ocado tortilla wraps
- 4 Ocado eggs
- Ocado Avocado, sour cream, coriander and grated cheese to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C/gas mark 6.
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a large frying pan and soften the onions for about 5 mins, then add the peppers to soften. Grate in the garlic and stir through the chopped green chilli and cook for another few mins. Stir in the paprika and chipotle paste, then add the tomatoes and half a tin of water, beans, balsamic vinegar, salt and sugar. Allow to bubble away for about 10 mins until the mixture has thickened.
- Take an oven-proof dish (the one I used was approx. 23x30cm).
- Brush the tortillas with a little olive oil and lay the wraps oil side down to line the dish so that you have a tortilla ‘bowl’.
- Spoon the tomato mix over the tortillas then make 4 wells and crack your eggs into them. Sprinkle with cheese if you like and bake for 10–14 mins depending on how you like your eggs.
- Slice some avocado and lay over the top with some coriander and a little more cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Explore all of Lisa’s delicious recipes here.