LISA Faulkner’s Very Berry Pie Recipe
Made using great value Ocado blackberries, blueberries and strawberries, this Very Berry Pie from Lisa Faulkner is easy to make and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Serves 6 Total Time 1 hr 45 mins
- 250g plain flour
- 50g icing sugar
- 125g cold cubed butter
- 2 eggs (beaten separately)
- 1 tbsp ice cold water
- 1 x 8g sachet of arrowroot
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar or caster sugar
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp water or cherry liquid
- 150g blackberries
- 150g blueberries
- 150g strawberries
- 150g drained tinned cherries
- In a food processor or by hand, mix flour and icing sugar together then add the butter and pulse until breadcrumbs.
- Beat an egg. Then add the egg and a tbsp of ice cold water and pulse until the pastry just comes together.
- Shape the pastry into a ball and cut into 2 halves, one half about two thirds bigger than the other. Flatten both into a disc and wrap in paper or cling film in the fridge. Allow to rest for an hour.
- Lightly grease your tart tin (Lisa used this Tala Performance Pie Dish) and roll out the larger of the discs into a circle about 1/2cm thick that fits your pie dish and goes up to the edges. Let this rest in the fridge.
- Combine the arrowroot, sugar and ground almonds then whisk in the vanilla extract and cherry juice or water. Mix all your berries together in a large bowl and coat in the sugar paste. Fill the tart tin with the fruit.
- Roll out the remaining pastry disc to about 1/2cm thick to fit on the top of the tart. Then, cut out lots of little star shapes on top and place them on the pie. Brush with beaten egg. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C for about 35 minutes.
Check out more of Lisa’s recipes by visiting our Lisa Faulkner recipe collection.