Lisa Faulkner’s Vegan Chilli Nacho Bake
This vegan, easy-to-make bake is just the ticket for a midweek family meal. It’s a great excuse to try Ocado Own-Label vegan mince and Free From cheese – plus, it’s friendly on your food budget.
Get the ingredients here.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1–2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle or just dried chilli flakes
- 400g Ocado Own-Label vegan mince
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 400ml veg stock
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 squeeze of tomato ketchup
- Salt and pepper
- A bag of plain nachos
- Ocado Free From Vegan grated cheese
- Dairy free natural yogurt
- Fresh coriander to serve
1. Heat an oven proof pan or dish and add the oil and cook the onions until soft, then add the grated garlic, cook a few more minutes and add your spices along with a splash of water.
2. Let them cook for about a minute before adding your vegan mince. Stir through so it’s coated in the onions and spices. Add the tomatoes, stock cube, water, ketchup and balsamic. Season to taste and let it bubble away for about 20 mins.
3. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, sprinkle over some nachos and grated vegan cheese, and bake for a further 5–10 mins, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
4. Top with a sprinkling of coriander and a few dollops of dairy free yogurt.
This is delicious served with jacket potatoes or rice.