Lisa Faulkner’s New potato and beetroot salad
This beetroot twist on the humble potato salad makes a delicious side dish for a summer barbecue.
Serves 4 Total Time 25 mins
- 600g new potatoes
- 4 cooked beetroots, about 250g (Lisa used vacuum packed)
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- good handful fresh dill, chopped
- Bring the potatoes to the boil, then simmer for 18–20 minutes until cooked. If you’re using vacuum packed beetroot, 10 minutes before the end of cooking, place the vacuum pack in the pan with the potatoes to warm through (If you’ve bought cooked beetroot, don’t worry about this step). Drain the potatoes, take the beets out of the pack and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Half the potatoes, and cut the beetroot into eighths. Mix the crème fraîche and mustard together and season to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, beets, spring onions and dill, then pour in the crème fraîche and mix together with your hands. (It’s a messy job, but the best way!)
Lisa’s Tip: This dish is best served warm, just after making, but is just as tasty enjoy after the dish has cooled.
Check out more of Lisa Faulkner’s recipes here.