Lisa Faulkner’s leftover roast chicken wraps Recipe
These easy-to-make and very tasty roast chicken wraps are a fantastic way to use up Sunday roast leftovers.
Serves 4 Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 Ocado British whole chicken
- drizzle of olive oil
- 2 Ocado red onions, quartered
- 3-4 Ocado garlic cloves
- 1 Ocado cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
For the wraps
- 300g Ocado plain flour
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 100-150ml warm water (enough to create a soft dough)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Place the chicken in a roasting tin drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and cook as per instructions – approx. 1hr 20 minutes. After 40 minutes add the red onion and garlic.
- Meanwhile, to make the pickled cucumber, place the ribbons in a bowl add the sugar and vinegar, mix together and set aside.
- To make the wraps, tip flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Then slowly add in the oil and water until you get a nice soft dough that isn’t sticky. You may need more or less water depending on how dry your flour is. Separate the dough into 8 balls before using a rolling pin to roll out into dinner plate size circles.
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat and brush with a little oil. Add in 1 wrap, brush with oil and allow some bubbles to appear on the surface. Once you see bubbles turn it over and brush with oil and allow the bubbles to form again.
- Flip the wrap over a further 2 times and it will be cooked. Continue until you have cooked all the wraps. To keep them warm, cover them with a clean tea towel or plate.
- Finally, shred some of the chicken, place it along with the cucumber, red onions and roasted garlic onto the wrap, roll and eat.
Check out more of Lisa Faulkner’s recipes here.