Lisa Faulkner’s Fish pie jackets
These tasty jackets are a no-fuss version of your traditional fish pie. And they’re filling too.
Serves 4 Total Time 1hr 20 mins
- 4 small jacket potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small haddock fillets
- 2 small salmon fillets
- 50g butter
- 100g frozen peas
- 120g cooked prawns
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Handful grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Make a cross in the jackets, rub with a little olive oil and place on a baking tray for a good hour until the skins are lovely and crispy.
- Approximately 15 minutes before the potatoes are cooked, place the haddock and salmon fillets in a big sheet of foil.
- Dot with butter and fold into a parcel. Bake in the oven for 12–15 minutes.
- Cook your peas as per packet instructions and set aside.
- Cut the jackets in half and scoop out the potato into a large bowl.
- Flake in your fish, the cooked prawns, peas, a little more butter, chives, salt and pepper. Spoon back into the potato shells.
- Top with a little grated cheese and place back in the oven or under a grill for a few minutes until the cheese is bubbling.