Lisa Faulkner’s Bacon and Egg BrEAKFAST Muffins
We teamed up with Lisa Faulkner to ask our Instagram followers what recipe they’d most like her to share. You asked for a simple high protein breakfast, ideal for home-schooling. As such Lisa has brought us a quick and easy bacon and egg muffin recipe. Made with ingredients from Ocado own-label, these morish little cups come in at just under 80p per muffin. That’s a pretty sweet (but in this case savoury) deal. Anyone else feeling hungry now?
Serves 6 Total Time 20mins
- 6x Ocado rashers streaky bacon
- 1 slice bread, cut into 6 squares with crusts removed
- 3 Ocado eggs, beaten
- 4 Ocado cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Handful grated cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Butter for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease the muffin tins.
- Line the moulds with a rasher of bacon, try and fully cover the base.
- Place the bread in the bottom over the bacon. And add a few tomato quarters.
- Pour in the beaten eggs.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 10–12 mins.
- Remove from oven and wait to cool slightly before you tuck in!
Lisa’s Top Tip: To get the best possible results from this recipe, you’ll need a decent muffin tin. So, if you don’t have one already, we recommend adding this one to your next shop.
Check out Lisa’s lastest winter warmer lunches for more mouth-watering inspiration.