Lamb Souvlaki recipe with Minted Tzatziki
This Greek-inspired recipe is the perfect family meal. Everyone can build their own flatbread at the table.
Serves 4 Total Time 20 mins + marinating time
- 500g rolled shoulder of lamb, cut into cubes
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- the zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 25ml red wine
- 50ml olive oil
- a generous pinch of sumac, to serve
- a dash of chilli sauce, to serve
- your choice of flatbreads and salad, to serve
- kebab skewers, to serve
For the tzatziki:
- 1/2 a cucumber, peeled, deseeded, grated
- 175g Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place the lamb in a mixing bowl with the herbs, garlic, lemon zest, red wine and half the olive oil. Cover and chill for 2 hrs.
- Remove the meat from the fridge. Mix the remaining olive oil with the lemon juice and pour over the lamb. Thread onto your skewers (allow 2 per person).
- Grill on a high heat until cooked to your taste. Sprinkle over the sumac.
- Mix together all the tzatziki ingredients. Serve the salad and lamb on the flatbreads, then top with tzatziki and a splash of chilli sauce.