Lamb and Chickpea Burger recipe with Beetroot Slaw and Feta
The creamy, tangy feta in this recipe really takes this tasty lamb burger to the next level.
Serves 4 Total Time 20 mins + marinating time
- 1x400g tin of chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tsp rose harissa paste
- 1 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp mint, roughly chopped
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 180g of feta cheese, crumbled
- burger buns
For the slaw
- red onion, finely sliced
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 250g raw beetroot, peeled, grated
- 3 tsp pomegranate molasses
- Tip the drained chickpeas, garlic, harissa and herbs into a food processor and blend until fairly smooth.
- Scrape into a bowl and add the lamb mince and egg. Season with salt and pepper and stir well until completely combined.
- Shape into six patties and grill for 3-4 mins on each side, until cooked through.
- To make the slaw, place the onion in a bowl and sprinkle over the lemon juice. Add the remaining ingredients, toss together well and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Assemble the burger in a bun – soft white, seeded or ciabatta rolls would all work – layering lettuce, sliced tomatoes and slaw as you wish, crumbling the feta over the top.