Kung Pao Aubergine and Jasmine Rice Recipe
For a veggie alternative to the typical Kung Pao chicken, try this recipe that uses tender baby aubergine in the sweet and sour sauce instead.
Serves 2 Total Time 25 mins
Get the ingredients here
- 350g Ocado baby aubergines
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 120g Tilda fragrant jasmine rice
- 1 x Family Secret Szechuan Kung Pao cooking sauce
- Coriander leaves
- Cut the baby aubergines into bite-sized chunks. Then, heat the oil in a wok until hot and then add the aubergine. Try not to over-stir it as you want the flesh to become a lovely golden brown, so just toss it occasionally. Once browned, reduce the heat and continue to cook for another 15-20 mins until it becomes very tender.
- While the aubergine is cooking, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the rice. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the rice for 10-12 mins. Drain, return to the pan and cover with a lid to steam.
- Add the kung pao sauce to the aubergine and cook for another 4-5 mins until the aubergine is well coated.